It’s with great delight, cheery pride and warm thanks that Allison Crowe
, this here blog, this weekend received a prestigious Liebster Award
from “1 Heck of a Guy
” - everybody’s favourite blog written by a psychiatrist that is rife with Leonard Cohen-based hilarity, love stories, essays on broomcorn, and proposals for a county seal featuring Dick Tracy.
In something of a reverse engineering feat to the drummers in Spinal Tap
spontaneously combusting, the recipients of a Liebster Blog Award
spontaneously come together. It’s a fun way to share passions, and introduce more people to singular blogs – Liebster
being a German word for dearest, beloved, or favourite.
Being an award sparked by humanity, and non-corporate in nature, there’s not a lot of red-tape to the proceedings. Still, we learn from Dr. Heck
, aka DrHGuy
, aka Allan Showalter, blogmeister of “1 Heck of a Guy
”, for recipients there is some form to keep things functioning:
“1.. Thank your Liebster Blog Award
presenter on your blog.
2.. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3.. Copy & paste the blog award on your blog.
4.. Reveal your own 5 blog picks.
5.. Let them know you chose them by posting on their blog.”
further advises: “The policy indicates that blogs selected should have fewer than 200 followers, but this appears to be uniformly ignored.”)
Now, following a vegan drum roll, here are the five recipients of the Liebster Blog Award
, as so bestowed by Allison Crowe:Heather on a Rock
- Acting, physiotherapy... These are just a a couple of the many things that my über-talented friend Heather Rumbolt can do! Add writing to that list - you can now check out her humorous and incredibly honest blog, Heather on a Rock
(Warning: contains some strong language and adult themes - and total hilariousness.) Here are two posts to get you started on your road to Heather
: Half-baked Recipe for a Happier You
+ Flamin’ Hot Yogi Ready to be Lululemonatedthe little red chicken
- Another of my super-talented actor friends, (she's touring right now with the NL play "Tempting Providence
" all across Canada - to rave reviews!), Willow Kean’s passion for food is legendary - and now you can learn her ways through her blog! Willow's fun and charming stories create the perfect setting for the delicious recipes within!CornerBrooker.com
- Corner Brook super-citizen Tom Cochrane, (a writer and photog, among many, many other things!), created this blog originally as a site to keep us up with the local happenings in and around Corner Brook, Newfoundland - and it has done an AMAZING job of doing just that! It's now exploded on to the scene with multiple talented writers, photographers - you name it, they've got it. Way to go Tom!Post Punk Kitchen
- This is my go-to site for looking up what I want to have for dinner. Isa Chandra Moskowitz is a super-vegan extraordinaire! Her book "Veganomicon
" has become a vegan kitchen staple - among her many other books - and she is kind enough to share her recipes with those of us who turn to her online. She is always willing to help out if you have a question on her facebook
page! - thank you Isa for all that you do!Chocolate-Covered Katie
- So much delicious, delicious chocolate - and many other delicious desserts - and all of them good for you! Katie posts super-often, which is great, because I am always waiting to hear what genius healthy dessert she's come up with now! She's always willing to help out if you have a question as well - which is fantastic - and you can LITERALLY have your cake and eat it too. Her larabar recipes are to die for - and seriously, try the cookie dough dip - made with chickpeas! It blows my mind. (don't overblend it though!)Enjoy!!!!!
Labels: Allison Crowe, Chocolate-Covered Katie, CornerBrooker.com, Heather on a Rock, Heck of a Guy, Liebster Blog Award, Little Red Chicken, Post Punk Kitchen, Tom Cochrane