Tuesday, August 23, 2016

15 Years of Rubenesque Records

My record company turned 15 today - besides feeling 100 years old, I feel other things. I feel lucky to get to do what I do, even though I absolutely want to throw up my hands and quit sometimes. I feel hopeful that there is art in this world and that there is expression - I wouldn't be here without it. I feel grateful to somehow always be surrounded by giant hearts with bodies who inspire me when I stop believing inspiration is even a thing. I feel like if you don't like what you're listening to, or writing, or anything - and you think those days are gone and that those things are dead - write what you believe. Create the art your soul is missing. Share it and listen in return to your kindred spirits. They're waiting just like you are. Actively search. Communicate what you can and listen until you can't anymore. Find the medium that works for you. Just love. Just do. ~ Allison

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home