Monday, March 09, 2009

Right Said Zack - for here's a jolly good follow

The graphic movie scene involving characters Nite Owl and Silk Spectre II continues to be a very hot topic of discussion amongst those who have now seen The Watchmen on the big, or, even, bigger (IMAX) screen.

Crave Online asks the film's Director Zack Snyder: "What about the Leonard Cohen song?"

Zack Snyder: "There are two Leonard Cohen’s because there is a Leonard Cohen on the end titles as well. Hallelujah, that love scene, I originally had the Allison Crowe version of that song, a version I’ve always loved, but in the end was just too romantic. Everybody thought that I meant it. They thought the love scene was serious, not that it isn’t serious but her version was too sexy. So I was like yeah, I’ve got to go back to the Leonard Cohen. For me it is incredibly ironic, even with that version of the song it is incredibly ironic. I don’t care what version of Hallelujah is on, that love scene it is ridiculous, but in a great way. With Leonard Cohen it is like you can’t miss it now, can you? I’m sure some people will but that is fine."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home